This is a photograph of a Guilford Mineral Springs bottle.
You will notice that there is a dark turquoise bottle on a windowsill, with trees in the background. There are also power lines in the upper right hand corner. The words on the bottle say "Guilford Mineral Spring Water, Guilford, Vt." There is a circular, outlined logo on the bottle. Inside the circle there are four letters: a G, an M, an S, and a W. The G on the top stands for "Guilford," the M on the left stands for "Mineral," the S on the right stands for "Spring," and the W on the bottom is for "Water."
The owners of the Mineral Springs Farm filled these bottles with the special water and sold them all around New England and northeastern New York. The Guilford Mineral Springs Farm was most popular in the early 1870's when people traveled from Boston and New York to Guilford, Vermont to visit the Mineral Springs Farm. It was believed that the minerals in the spring had healing effects on people, along with the fresh country air. The mineral springs farm was originally on the Houghton's farmland. It was not widely advertised until James Dalton, Joseph Burnett, W. B. Potter, and John Knowlton bought it on August fourth, 1864. They formed a very successful company, and soon enlarged the grounds and built several new buildings, including the springs house, bottling house, pavilions, and bridges near the springs.